Encouraging ACS authors to choose open access with a $60-million stimulus program
With ACS Author Rewards, ACS provides publishing credits directly to each Corresponding Author of each article published in 2014.
- ACS awards publishing credits, worth a total value of $1,500 per article published in 2014; there are no limits on the number of credits an author can earn
- Authors use credits to fund any ACS open access publishing option within the next three years (2015-2017); credits are transferable to another author
- Program designed to help research authors transition to new open access publishing models
- With an estimated 40,000 or more articles to be published in ACS journals in 2014, this stimulus provides the research community with $60 million or more in savings, fueling participation in open access at ACS
- Credits will be available via ACS ChemWorx beginning in Fall 2014. Login free at acschemworx.org