ACS Publications manages the scholarly publishing program of the world’s largest and most influential scientific society. Every year over 100,000 authors and their research teams from the community of scientists worldwide submit their work for consideration, review, and publication to ACS Publications.
Noted for their high quality, rapid time to publication, seminal, and high impact, and prevalent citation in future research, ACS journals are available at more than 5,000 academic, business, and corporate institutions worldwide. In addition, over 163,000 ACS members have access to articles from ACS journals as a benefit of membership. ACS editors are all independent active scientific researchers, highly published in their respective fields of inquiry.
ACS Publications supports more than 400 editorial offices at leading research universities and government-funded laboratories throughout the world to ensure the integrity, global reach and expertise of its peer-review process. ACS Publications also publishes Chemical & Engineering News – a print and online news magazine covering the global chemical enterprise and related sciences.
The Publications Division of the American Chemical Society (ACS) supports the ACS Vision and its complementary Mission Statement:
Improving people’s lives through the transforming power of chemistry to advance the broader chemistry enterprise and its practitioners for the benefit of Earth and its people.
The ACS Publications Division seeks to cultivate the chemists of tomorrow by enhancing the high quality research of its authors with innovative services, creative collaboration, and transformative technology, while fostering the communities of chemists and allied professionals toward solving global scientific challenges. ACS Publications is leading the way in digital publishing.
ACS Publications have received a number of awards and recognition over the years. Below are some of the most recent.
- 2012 American Publishers Awards for Professional & Scholarly Excellence (PROSE) for Best New Journal in Science, Technology, and Medicine: ACS Catalysis
- 2010 American Publishers Awards for Professional & Scholarly Excellence (PROSE) Best New eProduct in Physical Sciences and Mathematics and Best New eProduct/Innovation in ePublishing: ACS Mobile
- 2008 American Publishers Awards for Professional & Scholarly Excellence (PROSE) eProduct/Best Website or Platform
- 2008 American Publishers Awards for Professional & Scholarly Excellence (PROSE) for Best New Journal in Science, Technology, and Medicine: ACS Nano
- SLA BioMedical & Life Sciences Division Top 100 Journals in Biology and Medicine: Biochemistry and Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
ACS Publications has offices in Washington, DC; Columbus, OH; Oxford, UK; and more than 200 journal editorial offices around the world dedicated to supporting the network of esteemed scientists who read, write, review, and edit ACS publications.